Sunday, September 15, 2013

Date Night

We leave for New York Friday at 7:00 a.m. Sometimes you have to get through a schedule like this to get to NYC! ..
Every Saturday Andy gets his schedule for the week. This has been one of the hardest things for me regarding his job. I am a planner, and not getting your schedule until a day before the week starts is not good for a planner! But I can adapt. Right?
Andy and I just started something new. Every week when we get his schedule we pick one night we have free and set it aside as a date night. We take turns planning the date. Sometimes we eat in. Sometimes we go out. Sometimes we sit and watch movies. Sometimes we are active. Here are a few of my favs.
 
Tupelo Honey and Orange Leaf. Can you guess who planned this one?
 
Arts and Crafts :)
Grilled Chicken and Golf
 Every week on our date we ask each other 3 questions.
1. What is one way I made you feel loved this week?
2. What can I do to love you better?
3. How can I be praying for you? 
 
It has been a blessing to set aside time and "touch base." I am thankful for a husband who is intentional.  




No comments:

Post a Comment