Friday, April 19, 2013

Meg and Terry

The older I get the more thankful I become for my parents. I have always known they were great, but now that I am in the "adult world" I appreciate them more. I appreciate them supporting me. Not just financially, but in every decision I made and make. I appreciate their marriage. They love and respect each other, and it is evident that their relationship is centered around Christ. I appreciate the way they laugh and flirt and still hold hands. I appreciate all the little life lessons they taught me that have made me the woman I am today. They always said (and say) ...
1. "What is mine is yours" ... I have carried this little saying into my relationship with Andy and friends. I believe this little saying I grew up hearing made giving and sharing a priority in my life.
2. "You can do anything you set your mind to." I can't tell you how many times I have heard this! Not in an arrogant kind of way, but in a determined and accomplished attitude. My parents gave me the mind set that I truly can achieve anything I want to.
3. "Never give up." The word quit didn't even exist in my family. Anything you started you finished. If you told someone you would be somewhere you would be there. And early for that matter. I was taught that when I gave someone my word I would do it!
4. "Nobody loves you like your mom and dad." Heard this one on the daily! They said I love you ALL the time. I appreciate it more now than I did then.
5. "Kill them with Kindness." Meg loved this phrase! This was her solution for just about any disagreement.
6. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
7. "Life isn't fair." Oh my goodness did they love this one. But it is so true. Thanks mom and dad for teaching me early that things don't always go your way.
8.  "I love your dad/mom more than anyone in this world. I will always love him/her and divorce is never an option." Growing up there was never a doubt in my mind that my parents loved each other. I am so thankful for the way they care about one another.
So thanks mom and dad for all you did and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment