Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Back to yesteryear

Yesterday someone asked me: "If you could go back 5 years in time what would you tell yourself?" 5 years ago I was 18 years old. A senior at Bearden High School.
I didn't have a very good answer for them ...but I have now had time to think about it! So if that were to happen I would tell myself ...
Self. You are being a drama queen. The world is not ending just because you and Andy broke up. You will be ok, and stop being such a psycho! Oh yeah and don't cut him out of pictures in the yearbook just because you are on annual staff and can edit yearbook pages. You will regret it one day. Oops.
Self. You will figure out where you want to go to College. I know it seems like you will never make the right decision, but you will!
Self. Enjoy having plans every Friday night! That is not reality in the working world.
Self. High School is Awesome! Soak up every last second of it.
Self. Enjoy High School sports. 
Self. Enjoy your friends. They will still be your best friends in 5 years, and most likely throughout life. They rock. Treasure them dearly.
Self. Enjoy living at home with your parents. You will miss it one day.
Self. Put more thought into what you want to be one day. Oh and what you want to major in.
Self. Enjoy not having to pay bills. You are blessed.
Self. Laugh more. Worry Less.

No comments:

Post a Comment