Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Celebrate the Temporary"

My oh so loved small group started back last night. I just LOVE the group of girls I get to spend time with and our dear leader Lauren. Lauren is very wise. She always gives so much insight into whatever we are studying. One week a couple years ago we had the opportunity as a group to meet her parents. She loves her parents dearly ... you can tell just by the way she talks about them. After meeting them I understood why. They are just the sweetest God-loving people I have ever met. During small group last night I shared how I am having trouble living in the here and now. I am such a planner, yet there is sooooo much unknown in my life right now that I can't seem to make long term plans (go figure). Lauren shared with us something her daddy always says. "Celebrate the Temporary." This small saying really resignated with me. I have not been able to get it out of my head since she said it! I know it is simple, but it really speaks into where I am right now.
I want to celebrate being married without kids.
I want to celebrate being in Knoxville.
I want to celebrate having a great job, even though I really just want to be a mom.
I want to celebrate Andy being a manager.
I want to celebrate Today. I want to celebrate what I am doing right now in this very moment.
I want to "Celebrate the Temporary."

No comments:

Post a Comment