Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Dad

My dads 51st birthday was on Monday. Like I said we celebrated by doing fondue on Sunday night. It was very fun. We have a tradition of going around at dinner and everyone taking a turn saying something they like or admire about the birthday boy/girl. If you know me well you know that I am a daddys girl. We are buddies, and I love him very much. In every family I feel like you have one parent you are more similar to (or atleast that is how it is in my fam). My sister is an exact replica of my mom, and I am a mini version of my dad. I think growing up I was the son he never had. He coached my softball teams, let me ride on the lawn mower, and taught me how to fish. All that to say that when it came my turn to say something nice about my dad immediate tears filled my eyes (side note: this crying thing is something new to me. Before getting married I NEVER cried and now I do all the time. Weird). I told him that I liked him as a friend, and that I really cherish our relationship. I also told him that I admire the way he does everything with his whole heart. If you know my dad you know that he is intentional, caring, and sincere. Basically he is superdad. He is a wonderful husband, father, and friend. So here is to my dad ... for loving and serving others well.

No comments:

Post a Comment