Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My new job

What doees my new job look like???

Here I am in action...

Well …I get into the office at 8:30. I sit down in my nice big chair and wait for the phone to ring (ok not really but kinda). I turn on the coffee pot, unload the dishwasher, turn on all the lights, and crank up the elevator music aka my new best friend. When the phone rings I answer and say “Good morning/afternoon. Ritchie and Powell.” Then the person asks to speak to someone and I say “Just a moment please.” I say these two single lines probably 40 or 50 times a day. At first I had to practice saying Powell because naturally it comes out pal. Every time I answer I stop and think first … Self … say PoweLL!
Here is my handy dandy phone
I sit and drink a lot of water. We have a giant water purifier that I LOVE dearly. The only problem is that then I have to pee a lot, and the bathroom is across the hall and locked so it is an ordeal to go to the restroom (annoying). When I leave my desk I have to put my phone on DND so that someone else knows to answer it.
Other than drinking water and answering phones I file. I file a lot. But I like to file. It is basically organizing and reorganizing documents. And we all know how much I love to organize. I get to make file folder labels and then separate documents into their correct files. I also get to run office errands. Once again we all know how much I like to run errands. I mostly go to the bank and the post office.

My very favorite thing about my job is that I get to greet people as they come into the office. I greet the ups man, the cleaning ladies, office supply reps, and clients. I get to ask them how they are doing and just chat. It is wonderful.
So all in all I like my new job. I do miss the Kiddos though.

1 comment:

  1. You should just embrace Powell in its natural state as "pal" !!

    ReplyDelete