Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Who loves Olive Garden?

I love Olive Garden and Olive Garden loves me. I crave Olive Garden Minestrone soup (really you can ask Andy we go there all the time). It is so good and so good for you. I decided I wanted to try to make it so I did. I actually use more veggies than this recipe says ... you can't really mess it up just tweak it and make it how you want to!

Ingredients:
2 T olive oil
1/2 cup minced white onion
1/4 cup chopped zucchini
1/4 cup frozen italian cut green beans
1/4 cup minced celery
2 t garlic
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
1 (15 ounce) can small white bean
1/2 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
2 T minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme (I lef this out when I made it because I was out and it tasted the exact same!)
1 and 1/2 cups of hot water
3 cups spinach
1/3 cup small pasta shells

Directions:
Put everything in crockpot on low for 8-10 hours! How easy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment