Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkins with my Punkins

Fall is just the greatest. This weekend was joyous. I got off work 30 min early Friday. Great start to the weekend! Andy and I had a "date night." While dating ... we used to go on dates frequently (hints why it is called dating), but now they are few and far between. So Friday was really fun and special.
We went to dinner and a movie. We saw Taken 2 ... I thought it was good! Very action packed, but alot similar to the first one.

Saturday Andy didn't have to work until 3:00. So we had the morning together. I love mornings. We got up and drank coffee and made pancakes! Yum. Pancakes are a frequent thing for us. We ran some errands and dressed our dog up like a pumpkin. Precious. She wouldn't move in it. I think she thought she was being attacked. We were just practicing for Halloween. We are going to be a Pumpkin Patch as a family :) 


Then we ate lunch with Andy's family! After that we got our PUMPKIN! Ahh... I love fall. I love pumpkins! I can't wait to carve this beauty!
Saturday night I got ice cream with some of my very best friends. A great way to end a wonderful Saturday!

Sunday was an adventure. Andy and I have decided to take up a new hobby. Tennis! Sunday we started our new hobby. It went better than I imagined. I haven't played since I was little, so I was a little rusty! Andy was very patient in helping me regain my mad tennis skills.

My parents came and met us and we played doubles. I don't know if you know this but my dad almost went pro in tennis many moons ago. Then he got tennis elbow and took up baseball instead. He went on to play baseball for the Volunteers ... He was an incredible athlete in his day.  The teams were a little uneven given that I was a total newb ... but still very fun!
We ended our Sunday with a warm bowl of Veggie Soup! I let it simmer for 10 hours. The flavor was AMAZING!
Well thats all folks! Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment