Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1312 Bradford Lane

Well ... we went by the house yesterday to get an estimate on how much it would be to fix some of the things the inspector found. I made a mental note before we got there to take a picture, and somehow I remembered :). It isn't a great picture ... but it was the best I could do on my phone. You can't really see the left side of the house or the garage form this picture, but you can get a feel for what it is like.
Andy and I love the house! Why do we love it:
- It is old and charming. I LOVE old things. Andy says, "You love old things that are nice. That doesn't count as liking old things." But I think it does! I grew up in an old house, and I think it is how I developed a love for old houses. I don't like the new cookie-cutter phenomenon that has taken over with houses. Nothing wrong with them ... it just isn't me.
-It has hardwood and brick flooring. It is beautiful. I'm obsessed.
- It has a porch and a fenced in back yard :). A neat and secluded back yard. Colbie will like running around and playing in the grass.
-It has a fireplace! 2 actually. I love building fires.
-The master bath has 2 sinks. Thank goodness! I feel like Andy and I are always wanting to use the sink at the same time. This will be a really nice feature.

It is really fun to think about owning a home! This house is potentially where we will bring our first baby home ... weird. I am looking forward to decorating it and having people over. Yippee. I'll keep you updated on how everything turns out. That's all for now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment