Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's the freakin weekend

Well our weekend started out with me working and Andy going to a braves game. Boo me working. Two good family friends offered us tickets to the game. I couldn't get off work so Andy and his Mom went. I wish I could have gone just to see Andy's face as he walked up to Turner field. He glows walking form the car to the stadium ... that is how much he loves Braves baseball. The braves lost but he still had a lot of fun!

I spend my Friday night cheering on the Vols. It was fun to watch them win. I am really looking forward to the home game this Saturday. T.E.NN.E.SS.EE!

My Saturday consisted of walking with my sister, laying in the sun :), driving around Knoxville, and most importantly catching up on housework. My weeks are so full I always get behind on keeping everything straight. Andy helps me out a lot during the week which is super great. Andy does laundry for us one week day and on Saturdays I always do laundry (because he usually works). The first thing I do when I wake up is take the sheets off the bed and start a load of whites. I've been told it is weird that I wash our sheets every Saturday ... but I'm a clean freak. Colbie helps me do laundry. Aka she sits on the clean clothes I have folded.


Saturday is one of the only days our bed gets made because I am always the last one out of it. Andy doens't see the point in making the bed ... he says, "We are just going to  get right back in it in a couple hours." But I like for the bed to be made, so when I'm the last one out I make it!

Saturday night one of our best family friends got engaged. We celebrated by all going to lunch on Sunday after church. I love people getting engaged. It is so much fun! Mom took videos instead of pictures ... so this is the best I could do on capturing the moment...


Sunday night Andy and I had shrimp pasta. It was delicious ... and super easy!
I spent Sunday afternoon preparing food for the week to come. I usually cook some meals ahead of time and freeze them. I cooked beans (beans beans they are good for your heart ... you konw the rest :). I had to soak them overnight and then simmer them for a couple hours the next day. I'm going to take them in my lunch this week. Yum.
We also went to a friends house on the lake to celebrate labor day. It was a beautiful house! The boys watched golf and hit golf balls into the lake. 
Like I mentioned earlier ... some of our weekend was spent driving around Knoxville. Andy and I are in the process of "house hunting." And oh my ... I didn't realize what a process it is. We had fun driving around and looking at different areas though. It is exciting to even be thinking about owning a home!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Big news for house hunting! What a fun and memorable time in life! Although its a long and extensive process--enjoy it! What a memory! Love you, Abs!!

    ReplyDelete