Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Have you read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? It is such a cute little story. I read it with my kids this summer at Cedar Springs. I thought of this book yesterday after hearing about Andy's day. He had one of those Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days.

He opened yesterday ... which means he has to get to work at 5:15am. At 5:45 (oops) his phone was ringing and he poped out of bed and got on his work clothes as fast as he could. Well that was a great start to his Monday. Then as his day at work progressed he put a piece of the ice cream machine on wrong and spilt ice cream everywhere. Once again ... oops! A couple other minor things happen such as forgetting something he was supposed to have, etc. But the cherry on top of the day was when he came to Sequoyah to meet me to run after I got off work. We were in two cars, so I handed him my key to put in his car so we only had to run holding one set of keys. Instead of dropping my keys in his car he dropped his. He locked his keys in his car. Oops.

He says as soon as he did it he looked at me and I gave him this look. The "I can't believe you just did that. I am so pissed. You are an idiot" look. I didn't know I had that one. We ran the first 1/2 mile in complete silence. Not because Andy was bothered by the fact that he locked his keys in the car, but because I was(Why? I'm not sure). If you know Andy you know that he is a glass half full kind of person. He always has a positive attitude about things, and rarely lets things get to him.

I tell you this story about Andy's day because it made me realize I too often let little things bother me. Who cares if Andy locked his keys in the car. No big deal. Call Tripple A. Problem Solved. I so admire the way Andy looks at life. I want to be more like him in the way he brushes things off when they go wrong.
So here is to having a glass half full kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment